Pages

Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Man's Inherent Personality Traits

(Isaiah 14:12-14) “How you are fallen from heaven, O Day Star, son of Dawn! How you are cut down to the ground, you who laid the nations low! You said in your heart, ‘I will ascend to heaven; above the stars of God I will set my throne on high; I will sit on the mount of assembly in the far north; I will ascend above the heights of the clouds, I will make myself like the Most High.’ 

This describes the fall from heaven of God’s highest angel Lucifer, he became proud, ego overtook him and manifested it in unbecoming willfulness and arrogance against the throne of God. He was swept down to earth with a third of the angels that followed him, he becomes known as Satan.

As sayings go, "the fruit hasn't fallen far from the tree," "Like father like son" and "He's a chip off the old block!" By their act of disobedience to God mankind's first parents left their previous innocence behind and took on a new mantel assuming Satan's personality traits, sin and death had entered their formerly perfect world, as a result they were expelled from Eden. (The original translation of the word sin means a fall from righteousness, to fall short of perfection)

No comments:

Post a Comment